Signed in as:
A snapshot of data from 71 urban cities in the United States | Urban Indian Health Institute
Sovereign Bodies Institute (SBI) builds on Indigenous traditions of data gathering and knowledge transfer to create, disseminate, and put into action research on gender and sexual violence against Indigenous people.
A study on missing & murdered Indigenous women and- girls in states impacted by the Keystone XL pipeline. Produced by the Sovereign Bodies Institute
Prevalence of Missing Native American Women and Children in Nebraska; Barriers to Reporting and Investigating; and Opportunities for Partnerships
Collecting accurate data about Missing Persons in Indian Country is the only way we can begin to combat the Missing & Murdered issue plaguing Native Communities in North America.
The Final Report of the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls.
Indigenous (American Indian, Native American) women, girls, and two spirit people are far more likely to experience violence, be murdered, or go missing than other demographic groups in Minnesota.
Montana is the sacred home for eight federally recognized tribes. Each tribal community, including those in urban areas, has suffered the loss of tribal members who have gone missing and never been found. Although 97.7% of Montanans are located, the remaining 2.3% represent children, sisters and brothers, mothers and fathers, aunties and uncles, grandparents and great- grandparents, elders, and friends.
Report to the Governor and Legislature on the Task Force Findings and Recommendations
*In Partnership with the Native American Budget Policy Institute
New Efforts Are Underway but Opportunities Exist to Improve the Federal Response
The Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Relatives (MMIWR) Task Force Act establishes collaboration with tribal governments, tribal law enforcement, and the U.S. Department of Justice to determine the scope of the problem, identify barriers, and create partnerships to improve processes for reporting and investigating cases.
Arizona’s Statewide Study in Partnership with the HB2570 Legislative Study Committee
Missing and Murdered Native Hawaiian Women and Girls Task Force Report